Monday, April 25, 2011

Can You Stand It?

I am a HUGE sucker for a royal wedding! I love all the hype and speculation that is made over this handsome couple! However I am out of town this week and am unsure if I will be able to watch the actual event. Hence the reason I just cleared a ton of minutes off of my DVR and have it all set to record. I just need to leave strict instructions for the kids, I can envision Corm coming downstairs and canceling the recording to get his daily Sponge Bob fix. The horror! So I think I may tape a note to the Tele (just getting in the mood) warning any who dare not to cancel The Today Shows 6 plus hours on Friday morning!

It was 30 years ago this July that one of my sisters friend who had HBO let me come over and watch Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding in the middle of the night. It pure splendor and what every little girl could ever dream of in a wedding. So glorious, I remember like it was yesterday! I also ached and wept all alone during the broadcast of the same Princesses funeral almost 2 decades later. Scott kept waking up and asking me if I was Ok, it just had an effect on me, I am not sure why, I just felt a certain attachment as did millions of others.

So yes, I am one of many who am anxiously awaiting this royal union. I wish them all the best. I really do hope they have much happiness. Their task is not an easy one that is for sure!

Love to you, have a wonderful week!

XOXO~ Mamie

No comments: