Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Profound.....with a little brag.....

Ok, I am going to brag for a second. I have amazing children. I really do. They can be big pains in the rear sometimes but for the most part they are amazing and thank heavens they got their father's brains because they are all really really smart too.

Ok....enough bragging. I hate to do it. It is obnoxious but I needed to say it out loud. I came across this quote off a program for Ry's school the other day. (she was getting recognized for her smarts) more bragging, sorry, the smarts don't come from me though so is that really bragging?

Anyways, back to the quote.

"Keep people away who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." Mark Twain

Now, here is my spin on that. It is a great saying. But you don't want to go through life keeping "small people" away from you. Or even thinking that way. I don't think it is good for your soul.

Be great enough to be happy, love, encourage and want the best for all who come into your life. Stifle, the "natural" feelings of jealousy that come to you because you are in fact human and jealously is a part of being human.

About once a month or so, I have to do a re-check of my systems, to refuel my soul. If I don't I find it is experiencing feelings of jealously, anger, insecurity and I take offense way to easily.

By doing simple maintenance of my soul, heart and mind I am able to be great. Be happy. And love and support those nearest and dearest to me.

Just some food for thought. Now go have a wonderful day.

XOXO~Mamie

4 comments:

Erica said...

That is a wonderful post!! You have every right to brag, but your kids are seriously amazing!! You did a fabulous job raising them...and you may claim that don't have your brain, but you don't give yourself enough credit. You're quite smart and amazing too!! I LOVE YOU and love that quote!

New Lewis Happenings said...

Great post Aim!! Love you lots!

French Charmed ~ Chelle said...

Bonsoir and Merci! We appreciate your visit and are happy that you entered our "April In Paris" giveaways. Wishing you the best of luck in the remaining two! We are now following your lovely blog. Merci and Happy Spring ~ Chelle

French Charmed ~ Chelle said...

Oopsie! No where to follow. Sorry!