Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Scrumdilliumptious!

I have disappointed myself today. I wanted to badly to finish my scary oval frame and didn't get it done. So I thought I may redeem myself by sharing with you what I did get done. I have a few different pumpkin bar recipes but this one is by far the best! I stole it from a friend in Idaho years and years ago and it has never ever failed me. So without further adieu here it is.

Pumpkin Bars

6 eggs
2 2/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil, I know I know it is a lot just hold yer horses, it is worth it
3 cups pumpkin
3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Beat together eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and soda. Mix the two mixtures together. Beat well, spread into an ungreased cookie sheet. The big kind we all use. Like a jelly roll pan. bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Cream the cheese and butter until smooth. Add powd. sugar a little at a time while still mixing. Beat until smooth.

Am I forgiven? I hope so.

1 comment:

katie and co. said...

TOTALLY forgiven. Thank you so VERY much for sharing this. Can't wait to make these! It was love at first sight when I first got my tastebuds on them. It was TOTAL LOVE.