Sunday, October 4, 2009

Maybe an explanation? Just because?

vintage baby burpee's
{3 for 15$}
I love vintage, I always have. As a teenager I would long to grow up in 30's and 40's. My mom in her no nonsense way would explain to me that things weren't always as they seemed back then. That I should be grateful to grow up in a time where people were created equal, the civil rights movement had passed and for the most part people in this country were given equal opportunities and so on. I think she had a point, but I still have always been in love with the[ idea ]of that generation.
So needless to say I was tickled pink with the fact that this era and all of the romanticism that goes along with it is making a come back. What in the world does all of this have to do with burp cloths you say? Well I am not sure, but I do know that vintage is what inspires me as history has always inspired me. I love old things, to touch something, to feel it's story of what is was and where it has been. Call me crazy but this is what makes me tick.
These burpee's are what I started with. I will always have some on hand if you need a quick but sentimental baby gift give me a holler. I will send them your way packaged up and ready to give.
Thanks for letting me ramble, I think I will go listen to a little Glenn Miller, I am in the mood for a little Chatanooga Choo Choo.

5 comments:

katie and co. said...

I love the burpees so much, Aim! Can't wait to give them to my friend. She just had her babe on Thursday. And I am so excited about you know what in the post below...I will bring you a check tomorrow!

PS
Bill loves 'em too and the blog looks G-R-E-A-T!

TJB said...

Hey Amy-

Love your stuff!! And I am dying to know what becomes of the frames. I would dedicate a large portion of our income to buying vintage stuff if Dale would just let me.

Check out this web site: http://reprodepot.com/

You will love it!

Aim said...

Thanks Guys! I am glad you like them. Tate, I looked that website up when you posted it up on FB. I LOVED IT!

The Jacobson Family said...

I LOVE the cowboy print! And guess what....I will be needing some in May! I still have the "vintage" snow man table runner that you tea dyed and we set it out every year for Christmas.

Aim said...

Laura Ruth! I am so happeeeeee for you! I will get on makin some for ya. I had forgotten all about doing the tea dyed snowman stuff! Good times huh kiddo? Love you, Aim